This privacy statement describes how Squag Inc. collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Squag Inc. is a Member of the PRIVO’s PRIVO-Cert™ Safe Harbor Certification Program (“the Program”). As a participating member in the Program, Squag Inc. adheres to the strict information collection, use and disclosure requirements set forth by the Program. PRIVO is an independent, third-party organization committed to safeguarding children’s personal information collected online. PRIVO aims to help parents and their children exercise control over personal information while exploring the Internet. The PRIVO certification seal posted on this page indicates that Squag Inc. has established COPPA compliant privacy practices and has agreed to submit to PRIVO’s oversight and consumer dispute resolution process. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at [COMPANY’S PHONE NUMBER] or privacy@[COMPANY NAME].com. If you have further concerns after you have contacted us, you can contact PRIVO directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information – your full name and email address for online contact information
- Personal information about your child – their age, gender, and language you use to describe their autism, ADHD and/or other neurodevelopmental condition
- Username for your child (that should not be associated with their real name)
- Billing Information – credit card number, and billing address
- Username for your account
- Password for your account (encrypted)
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
- Ensure the optimal user experience
- Process your credit card to secure membership
- Send you a confirmation of membership
- Send critical product and service updates
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you general communications if you’ve requested to be included
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve features of the Squagpad, parent dashboard, and Squag website
- Add content (approved by you) to your child’s SquagpadTM
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at: email@example.com
We enable you to enrich your child’s Squagpad experience, by sending messages of encouragement. We also give you the ability to approve content they’ve created for the Squag Social space.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may deactivate or delete your account. Or If you wish to review or delete your child’s information by emailing our customer service support: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will share your personal information with third parties only if absolutely necessary for reasons described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as credit card integration. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety, your child’s safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Squag Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Third Party E-Commerce Solutions Provider
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use another company to place cookies on your computer to collect non-personally identifiable information to compile aggregated statistics for us about visitors to our site. We do not have access or control over these cookies. Our partners, affiliates, tracking utility company, service providers use session ID cookies [to make it easier for you to navigate our site, in order for you to use the shopping cart, etc.]
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Squag Inc.. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
c/o The Centre For Social Innovation
215 Spadina Avenue, Suite 400
Toronto, ON M5T 2C7
Telephone. 416.979.3939 ext. 1